Friday, December 12, 2008

Heritage Wall
This was the most exciting thing for me to put up in our new house. My mom and I worked on it months before we moved so that I wouldn't be worn out when we moved in! GOOD CHOICE!!!

It is a collection of old pictures going back 3 and 4 generations on each side. The idea came on the day that our piano was delivered about 2 years ago! Our piano was a GIFT, given as a "Legacy of Love" hoping that our children will be given the opportunity to develop a talent for music. Even though I married into this sweet gift, I immediately felt the Love and wanted to some how honor and recognize the legacy. The Heritage wall not only helps us remember why we have this awesome gift, but will help my children know and recognize the faces of these special people, their ancestors. They have amazing stories, that I hope to share with our children. I am proud of our heritage and I am grateful for the way that both sides of our family lived their lives. We are shaped by their past, and blessed by their decisions!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Beautiful. I'm sure your kids will appreciate all that hard work. Your home looks amazing, way to go!

Chelsea said...

Such a great idea! I have so many cool pictures of both of our ansestors, and now I know what to do with them!... copy you! GENIUS

P.S. your home is beautiful!!! CAn't wait to see it

Katie said...

This is fantastic! What a gift to you... and to your children!