Sunday, June 27, 2010

England day #1


Blogging about England is going to be a full time job......I already have one of those (Sydnee) and another part time job (Salon)  I have recently discovered another part time job, and that has been catching up on sleep!  I have been VERY tired and have had to take a little nap every afternoon just to make it through!  WOW!  So I am gonna take it one day at a time.  
FYI:  Stand forewarned.......we took over 400 pictures, and since this Blog is really for ME to print as my Journal........many pics will be included!

Our very 1st stop.......WINDSOR Castle! It was a great stop!  We met the cutest Austrailian couple in the parking lot, and when I asked them how it all went down,  the Man came over to me, started giving me money, told me where to put it, and then made sure it worked out for me!!  Loved them!  What a great way to start!!!

Queen's private quarters.  She is one of the few that enter into those doors.  Workers have their own entrance that goes underground and you pop up inside. You leave the same way!


Fabulous tree that we sat under by the castle!

The resting tour guide that gave us all the good info about the castle!! 

Cool rooftop!

Soldier off duty.......he even responded when I said hello to him!  Took me off guard!

Had to take time to smell the roses!  They smelt like heaven EVERY TIME!!
They are Royal English Roses after all!


We were informed after taking this pic, that this is a Christmas tree topper!  Works for ME!

Crooked tea house of Windsor!

We saw Wagamama's and went for it!  It is a highly recommended restaurant and we were STARVING!  It hit the spot!  YUM!!

Coconut Curry with prawns and Chicken and Noodle Stirfry!! Like nothing I have ever had before!!Wish they had a Wagamama's here!!

Our first view of Bath!

The second view!  Everywhere you looked it was picturesque!

Found some Gelato.....yum!

And some stores with Great names!


The fashion museum was a let down, not what I was expecting..........
but we still managed to have some fun!

Love this pic of Mom!  She wore it well!

Mom said she was BOAR-ed!  Ha! Ha!

And continued by saying that whomever told me this was great was "LION"!!

The classic telephone booth shot!

My Mom's choice of transportation!!  Can't you just see us traveling around England with me on the side of this???!!?? 

Just another view of Bath as we were walking down the street!  Honestly.  It's that pretty!

A great building!  We walked by the first time, and stopped on the 2nd......I am glad that we did!

Just look how great that stone is!!

I love flower shops on the street.........especially in a place as dreamy as this!

We decided to drive aimlessly around Bath and had some great finds!  Like a great pub, with fabulous bathrooms, and 100 bottles of beer on the wall!


There was a cemetery across the street (the reason that we stopped).  My mom loves to walk through Cemeteries....so this was a great find for us!

I liked this headstone!

Just a shot out the window while we drive!  Green and BEAUTIFUL!!

Oh YEA!  This fish and chips from the pub!  It was awesome!  
Who knew it came as the WHOLE Fillet!?!?!

When we were done taking in Bath, we hit the road for Wales!  It was just over an hour away, and a beautiful drive!  
Had to take this for my MOM!  She was a trooper to be driving a clutch on the other side of the road, trying to shift with her left hand, and then maneuver roundabouts......WHOA!!! 
Just had to laugh that we would be encountering yet a NEW roundabout!

Found a store so we could buy all of the recommended treats!! Cadbury Chocolate, Digestives, Hob-Nobs, and the Magnum bars reminded me  of Ecuador, so I had to buy them!!

A taste of the Welsh language! Loved our first day!

3 comments:

TrinEthan said...

i might be a little jealous! sounds fun and can't wait to see more pictures!

Whitney said...

Oh I am so glad you are blogging about this and sharing so many fun pictures. Looks like a fabulous trip. I love the very first picture you posted. Seriously... you're beautiful.

Chelsea said...

I just thought to myself that the two of you would be perfect people to go on a trip with. I love the spice you both add to life! Such fun ladies... I like the Christmas tree topper better as a "julie kaye" topper.