Thursday, October 14, 2010

Wa-WHAT???

Mary Ann had a baby!!!
Afton Victoria Ahlstrom
October 11, 2010
19 in 5lbs 4 oz
This kiss came unprompted......
hopefully she will be as tender to her own sister in a few months!!
You might be saying, "I didn't even know Mary Ann was pregnant!"
But neither did I!!!  It came as quite a SHOCK when she skyped me from the hospital after keeping a very big secret for 39 weeks, and SHOWED little Afton to me!!  Not even my MOM knew! 
It was crazy!!
So my Mom and I jumped in the car the next day to go "BE HAPPY" and see the newest granddaughter/niece!  Luckily Sydnee has recently taken to watching "show's," specifically "The Wiggle's" and they did the trick as we took Sydnee on her first road trip!

This is the last picture of Ryan before I beat him!!! 
It was HIS idea to keep it a secret!!
(Side note.....isn't Sydnee sooo cute in her little outfit from Nana & Papa?)

Sydnee was a bit curious at the hospital and nearly tore the place apart......LITERALLY!! 
So MaryAnn found some wiggle's online and saved the day!!

She came home from the hospital weighing 4lbs 14oz.  It is so hard to show through picture just how small she is......I will keep trying!

The great thing is that she is so cute!  None of this getting cute around here.......she already is!!

Here is the best picture of SIZE.  
(I even cropped my hair to make it more accurate) Ha! Ha! But seriously!

What a cute little family!!

She is a great sleeper.......but not a great eater!  This is "Eating time" and pretty much how it goes for Mar everytime!!  Kinda rough when she Needs to eat!!

Sydnee loves admiring little Afton so much!

Her feet are incredibly long and so are her toes....but as small as a finger!  Seriously!!

So cute in her car seat!!  MaryAnn has one of the smallest car seats that I have ever seen, but Afton makes it look HUGE!!! Look how there is NO gap between the two buckles, and more seat than baby!!

She will latch on to ANYTHING--but falls asleep almost as fast as that happens!!

The packagae that I sent arrived today!  
If I would've known I was coming, I would've hand carried it :)  

We are having a great time....especially Sydnee!!  She loves having a permanent playmate, especially when his name is Dayton!!



3 comments:

Scott and Megan said...

For the record: STILL.CRAPPING.MY.PANTS.OVER.HERE! WOWZA! Was she way early? 4 lbs...holy moly. Can't wait to see you a week from tomorrow!:)

Sarah said...

Cute pictures! The kids and the baby are adorable! I still can't believe they kept it a secret from everyone.

Mary Ann (Crockett) Ahlstrom said...

I wish i could just copy this post over to my blog. I can't even get the pictures mom sent to work (my computer is giving the blue screen of death lately - YIKES). Such fun pictures....