Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sydnee's new room

Sydnee, being the oldest, has one thing in the bag--ALL NEW!  Let the hand-me-downs begin for Jaylee as she is in Sydnee's old room, and the ONLY thing that changed was the name on the wall :)
Sydnee has been in her new room for about 6 months, but I finished her room just an hour before I left to have the baby!  It was AWESOME to get it done--CHECK! DONE!  (I do have a few more pillows to make, and one day I hope she sleeps with her bedspread, but it's as good as done for me.)

I made the curtains in my mind, but it took my sister-in-law Becca to make me trust my creativity.  It also took HER skills to make them!  Other than sewing the straight lines, she did the rest!
I love that I have Becca's genius to pull from!


These are THE COOLEST!  My grandfather made these chairs out of barrels.  They were originally covered in Teal vinyl and some kind of carpet on the seat!  I spent my childhood playing on these chairs, and luckily my mom kept them.  They were trashed and dried out, but we ripped them apart, Travis took them to work and sprayed top coat on them, I picked out material, and my mom recovered them!  They are as amateur as my grandfather originally made them....AWESOME!!

We had to demolish a house to build our current house.  
This mirror was in that house, and such a find for me!  I love it!!
It is a BUSY room, but...so is Sydnee!!

10 comments:

Gabby said...

Wow! that's amazing! You are so creative!

Emily said...

LOVE it! Especially the curtains...so cute!

Kayleen said...

I my gosh, I LOVE it! The curtains are way hot!

Shauna said...

A*M*A*Z*I*N*G*! I love this room. Love your style! Way to go!

Sarah Osborne said...

Holy!! Want to come do my daughter's room? Those curtains are to die for.

The Clarks said...

Holy crafty lady! SO cute! I haven't looked at your blog in a while. Your little Jaylee is just precious!
Jen

Krista Kei said...

I am SO in love with this room!! Way to go!!

Dottie Stay said...

So wonderfully adorable! I can't believe she is two! And yet again someone different at my work saw your blog and said. "Who is that? She is gorgeous!" Talking about you of course!

Sarah said...

Wow! How creative! I love it!

restlessrisa said...

I am loving your blog, and love that room! Well done :)

<3

Risa (Bear's sis)