Tuesday, February 17, 2009

She's here!


Our little baby girl is HERE and we couldn't be happier! As many of you know, I was having contractions all morning on Monday, but by the afternoon the contractions had come to almost a complete stop. Around 11:30pm last night, they started back up again and didn't stop this time. At 3:00am today my water broke. I told Travis what was going on and then I decided to get in the shower to clean up. Before I could get out of the shower, Travis was dressed from head to toe and ready to head for the hospital.

We got to American Fork Hospital around 3:45am and were going to be checked to see how I was progressing, but one of the nurses heard that my water was already broken and that I was having a contraction right then...so she sent me directly to be checked in at labor and delivery.

The wait wasn't long and I was given the epidural which made it very easy to wait for our little Princess to come...being that the pain of contractions was now gone.

Waiting....here is me in bed, and a picture of Travis and Dayton hangin' out while we were waiting for things to pick up for delivery.


She didn't take long to get moving along. I'll admit it wasn't as bad as I thought labor and delivery to be. By 8am I was dilated to a 6 and by 10am I was ready to start pushing. The nurses called Dr. Watabe (who was in the office - so that meant he would be able to deliver our baby...YAHOO!) and said they would start me on the pushing while we waited for him to come. Well, after two sets of pushes, the nurses told me not to push any more because she was crowning. Dr. Watabe came, and only a few minutes later she was here!
Her name is Sydnee Sage Gardner. Born today, Tuesday Feb 17th at 10:42pm. She weighed 7 pounds exactly, and measured 19 inches long. She is already eating well and seems to be doing great. We are so excited that she is here and is doing so great. She is so beautiful! Thank you for your love and support.




18 comments:

Scott and Megan said...

yahoo--it's bout dang time!!! The Sydnee beanLee is perfect! I'm so happy for you! hoep you are feeling well and all is just awesome!

Jaci Moore said...

WOW! Congratulations! That's awesome. I can't wait to see pictures. I'm glad that she is healthy and that your delivery went good. Call me whenever you're feeling overwhelmed and we'll complain together! No, it's great, it's just pretty hard at the beginning with all the hormones, feeling of responsibility, visitors, feeling protective, and of course not sleep.

Amy said...

We couldn't be more proud and happy for you! Papa already sent the pictures...she is beautiful!!!Glad all went so smoothly. We can't wait to see her in person in April.

Jen said...

You guys...she is beautiful!!! She is one lucky girl to have you as parents!! Can't wait to see more!

Sharlynn said...

Congrats! She is beautiful. I am glad things went well for you. Take care of yourself and the baby.

Kayleen said...

Oh man, I'm so happy for you! She's so CUTE! I'm glad your delivery went so well! Your story makes it sound pretty easy! :)

Josh and Jenna said...

We are so glad that everything went well. Welcome to earth baby Sydnee!

Amber, Bryan, Easton, and Rufus said...

Wow, she is beautiful!!! Good job. I'm so glad you had a good labor and she is healthy and eating well. Let me know if you need anything.

Chelsea said...

Julie Kaye! I totally teared up when I got the text from you, then of course again when I got the email and saw her sweet face!!!! You deserve it, and she deserves you! You are going to be the best momma! xoxo - pooh

Mark and April Sullivan said...

Yahoo!!! I'm so happy for you! Nothing makes you happier than being a mom. What a precious little angel Sydnee is! I love her name.. very good choice! Oh, I'm so happy everything went well! That's awesome your water completely broke... that doesn't happen everyday! Lots of love!!!

Sarah Osborne said...

Yessss! What a cutie pie!

Laura said...

YAY! She's so teeny and adorable. I love the photo of her being scrubbed, you can tell she didn't love that, but she's still so cute even when she's crying! I'm so glad things went well. I'm thinking of you Mommy, Daddy, and Baby and hoping everyone is happy and healthy! Let me know if you need anything! I'm only a phone call away! P.S. I love her room and I know she's going to love it too!

Lisa Nielsen said...

Congratulations!!! That is my birthday too:) What a wonderful little miracle. We are so happy for you guys!

HBC said...

Congratulations!!!

R.D.S said...

Congratulations,she is beautiful! I found you from Sharlynn's blog and it looks as if things are going great for you guys. Congratulations again!

KathiG said...

Congrats on your new little angel, Julie. She's just precious. ;-)

Lisa said...

Congratulations! What a cute name. She is adorable.

Katie said...

WOW! She is here! And she is a beauty! Congrats to you both. You look great Julie! I am so happy for you. Hang in there, through those nights! Treasure every moment, the "baby" stage goes by sooo fast!