Being a woman and a mom, I don't pick up many people off the streets! But once in a while I see a woman in need, and I pick them up! (yes.....always a woman.....men are more risky to me) I think it comes from the one semester that I walked up the hill from UVSC every day!! On cold days, or tired days that hill seemed insurmountable, and I often wished SOMEONE would just give me a small lift :)
So the other day I saw this girl walking in the cold, struggling to carry her grocery bags. I couldn't help but think how I would rather die than be in that circumstance. So I called out, "Would you like a ride somewhere?" and quickly got a" yes" back!! I could instantly tell that she was slightly handicapped, and struggled in her coordination. Just getting to the car 2 of her bags collapsed and she needed help just getting to the car. Once we got in, she pointed up a huge hill and said in slurred words, "I live up there!!" How IRONIC, a hill!! I can't imagine the misery of her trek up that hill.....fighting her groceries the whole way there.
Long story short, I am always so rushed for time while running errands. I have limited time with Sydnee, and things always take longer cause she is with me. But today I am so glad that we made the time for Jenny. I could have gone home after just that, and still felt like the trip was worthwhile. I love moments like this where I follow a little thought, and get instant rewards! I was instantly more appreciative of my blessings, and the thought of her and her personality has put a smile on my face for days. Thanks Jenny, we love you.
3 comments:
You never cease to amaze me! You do so much good. I know you weren't posting this so people could tell you how wonderful you are, but I am going to anyway. I don't know what I would do without you! I really need to listen to the spirit better. I get so busy, that i can't even hear it. Time to quiet things down! K NO WORRIES about me. I am great. I had just had it with being sick and sick kids for a whole month! Ah, feeling much better now. Especially thanks to you, I kept all your soup almost to myself. The poor boys kept asking for some, and I told them it was almost gone. oops! Alright, so I need to work on sharing too. No one is perfect. :)
You are wonderful Julie Kaye! What a sweet thing to do for a woman in need. And thank you again for my fabulous hair :)
Julie Kay! You are the BEST!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment