Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Afro's and Miracles!

I am not one to just post w/o a picture......but miracles are hard to capture on camera.  In looking over my life, I realize that I have been able to witness many miracles.  The first I can remember was learning and  finding out about Gel--hair gel.  Gel transformed my life.....IT WAS A MIRACLE!  In regards to that I must say it was a miracle I had friends before gel.  They loved me  even if I did look like Sally Jesse Raphael, MC Hammer, and Kid n' Play--And I DID! Those girls were really the salt of the earth. (I will post pics later-- Promise!!)
The next miracle was a little more disguised but one of the biggest of my life.  My parents moved to Orem in the summer of 7th grade--right about the same time I learned about gel.  These 2 miracles went hand-in-hand.  Moving, after I found gel, let me be the tall girl with really short curly hair instead of AFRO or BUSH, which had been my nickname for years.  I was able to just be me--not that my hair defined me, but it surely haunted me! Just imagine the daily 7th grade mile run to the boys PE class chanting "AFRO! AFRO! AFRO!"  Everyday!
Other huge miracles were:
Good friends in 10th grade who still bless my life
Nursing program that led me to doing Hair
Following my heart to Hair School even if it didn't make sense.........who hasn't been blessed by that??
My Mission
My first engagement--for the Trust I learned in God, and that it made the 2nd even More obvious :)
EFY
Studio 210--mentoring, friendship
Instructor liscense/Chelsea who got me through Mary Ann's mission :)
Travis--Need I say more? Whole separate post :)
Sydnee--both of them

Every miracle is intertwined with the next one.  It has been good for me to review and realize how blessed I have been.
So if you are wondering what sparked this Miracle post........just know that this past week has been a week of miracles.  I have seen huge miracles come to pass right before our eyes-- for us, and people that we love.  They are REAL, they are not Coincidence, nor are they Random.   They have strengthened our faith and given us hope.  They have occurred in the PERFECT TIMING of the Lord. Tender mercies have lined our path.
I have seen the hand of the Lord in my life,  in a hard situation that potentially could've caused turmoil yet has put us in AWE of God's Love.

4 comments:

Gabby said...

Great Post! It must be going around because I feel the same way!

Scott and Megan said...

thanks jk i often need to be reminded of His hand...I would love to hear about your past week! One of the greatest miracles in MY life is two letters...JK! Not kidding! xoxo

S&F Seminario said...

How I love you. You have been a tender mercy for me.

Dottie Stay said...

You are wonderful and deserve any and all goodness that comes your way! Sydnee is the cutest. You are a perfect girl mom. She is dressed to the 9's and is absolutely beautiful! Just like her mama! Love you! Let me know how things are going.