This trip was planned for more than a year!! FINALLY the day came!
We were in CA for Easter Sunday. We went to the LA Temple, and Newport Beach Temple grounds. I love the grounds of the temple! We had an Easter egg hunt at a nearby park where Sydnee needed just one egg to be happy! She loved opening the egg, and eating the treat still wrapped!
Then we saw Hunington Beach. Sydnee's first time at the Beach and she loved it! She loves water! We would wait for the wave to come, then let her run in the foam that it left behind! She was in heaven! Laughing, and wanting to just sit down and play in it!
We were in CA for Easter Sunday. We went to the LA Temple, and Newport Beach Temple grounds. I love the grounds of the temple! We had an Easter egg hunt at a nearby park where Sydnee needed just one egg to be happy! She loved opening the egg, and eating the treat still wrapped!
Then we saw Hunington Beach. Sydnee's first time at the Beach and she loved it! She loves water! We would wait for the wave to come, then let her run in the foam that it left behind! She was in heaven! Laughing, and wanting to just sit down and play in it!
Monday: LEGO LAND. It's not much to brag about, and the splash of rain didn't help! Though the rides were perfect for kids....they were very short rides, and lacked the ambiance that Disneyland provides!
Tuesday: DISNEYLAND!! It was so fun to see all the cousins so happy and excited! It was great to see them all interact, and love the magic of Disneyland!
Tuesday: DISNEYLAND!! It was so fun to see all the cousins so happy and excited! It was great to see them all interact, and love the magic of Disneyland!
To be honest the 1st day was rough for me. Regardless of my efforts to mold her, Sydnee still needs 2 naps....which is extremely hard to do at Disneyland! In a 5 hour block, Sydnee, Travis and I enjoyed one ride each, and spent the rest of the time trying to get Sydnee to sleep or trying to keep her that way!! Regardless.....she was such a good girl, and enjoyed EVERYTHING! I needed something to change cause I was the one who felt stressed, especially when I saw Sydnee's sunburt eyes that night! We had been forcing naps on her for the past 2 days by pushing her into the sun....forcing her eyes shut until she fell asleep! (cause happy Sydnee - nap = crazy Sydnee!!) I couldn't do it anymore!
Wednesday: Send in Saving grace named Katie. She is Mary Ann's friend who lives 2 minutes from Disneyland. We took Sydnee to Disneyland early and got her on 4 rides before she was ready for her nap! We were already in much better spirits. Then Katie took Sydnee until she woke from her 2nd nap, and then she was back at Disneyland!! It was much better for everyone.......especially for me.....cause nobody should feel like crying in Disneyland!
We enjoyed actually spending time with the family at CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE, and even got to eat at the Blue Bayou! (The restaurant that you see inside of Pirates of the Caribbean!) It is way too expensive, but I love the whole experience, and won't miss it! Travis and I sneaked away for a bit while the kids were in Playhouse Disney...just long enough to get stuck on our first ride (Indiana Jones) and then stuck again on the 2nd ride (Splash Mountain--right around the corner from a hill, so we got drenched from other riders splash while we were sitting there!) The cousins loving the littlest one...and Sydnee lovin' every minute of it!
Wed night ALL of the boys went to an Angels game,!
Thursday: Back to Disneyland to finish the rides we missed the first time and hit the ones we loved a second time. This day worked perfectly cause it was our "Early entry" into Disneyland.....so we were there by 7am! We stayed for a few hours, then went back to the hotel during the craziest part of the day! Allowing Sydnee her nap time. In between her naps we played at the pool. Later that night we had a special dinner at GOOFY'S KITCHEN. We got to see so many of the characters. Minnie was our favorite! Sydnee loved her and I think Minnie loved Sydnee! She stuck around for about 10 minutes just laughing, playing pat-a-cake and peek-a-boo with Sydnee. It really was magical!!
Sydnee couldn't take her eyes off Minnie! She couldn't believe what she was seeing!
Friday: Goin' home! I was glad to be flying, although I felt horrible to leave Travis there to make the long trek home! We were home soon enough to get Sydnee back on schedule that day........which just makes for all around happiness.
Sydnee did learn a few KEY WORDS while she was there.
"Nana" and "Papa"!!
I am sure that what she means to say is:
"My Nana and Papa are the BEST!!"
3 comments:
Sounds like a fun trip! I feel for you on the nap issue. You work so hard to get you baby on a really good sleep schedule, and it's awesome and definitely worth it in normal life...but its those rare vacation and travel times that it bites you in the butt. I've been there, and it's hard.
Whew! Sounds so fun and busy!
yay! I have been waiting for these pictures and wantng to know how little miss Sydnee did. I'm glad it was fun and yet it's always nice to get home and back into a routine eh? xo
Post a Comment