It was a long awaited surprise for the Colorado Crockett's to come to Utah!! They made the trip out for Mom and Dad's birthday....but they were most excited about their new Ju-Do's!! Here is Elle modeling Grandma's glasses and showing off her long hair!!! Then getting ready for the CHOP!!!
The "AFTER" shot!! I told Elle that I was going to put a barret in her hair, but when her Mom gave me the flower that they had brought....Elle wouldn't have a thing to do with it. When her mom asked her why, she said, "I want the one Julie said I could have!" And she got it!! We also painted her finger and toe nails! Alternating pink and purple with SPARKLES on top! I love my ELLE!
They both donated their hair to Locks of Love! How many 3 year old's can say that? This is the 2nd time that Karen has donated her hair! What a good example Karen!! Just and FYI for all those looking to chop your hair....Lock's of Love is a non-profit org that makes vacuum wigs for kids so that they can lead normal lives...they can even swim in them. A normal wig takes approx 10 donations to make! They asks for 10 inches, but if it is 6 or more it is worth sending in! It can also be colored, but not bleached! If they can't use the hair, they sell it to counter their costs! I send everything in and give them the option of throwing it away!
No comments:
Post a Comment